Tummy Fat and why it’s important to lose it. Besides having a sext flat tummy, there are other health reasons why everyone should lose tummy fat. Having tummy fat sets you up for a host of other health problems including diabetes, heart disease and cancer. Dr. Travis Stork host of the Doctors states that one of the determining factors in whether a patient will recover from an illness or injury or face a future disease, pain and disability is the amount of tummy fat they’re carrying. It’s visceral fat , the most dangerous kind of fat, the fat inside your abdomen that clings to your waistline and infiltrates your internal organs, a.k.a killer fat. The primary causes of diseases, that why it’s important to lose tummy fat.
Visceral fat doesn’t just lay there in your tummy. It actively works to harm your body by secreting a number of substances, collectively called adipokines. Adipokines include a hormone called resistin, which leads to high blood sugar and raises your risk of diabetes, another compound called angiotensinogen, a compound that raises blood pressure, leukin-6, a chemical associated with arterial inflammation and heart disease. The more visceral fat you have the lower your metabolism, and the lower your metabolism the more tummy fat you’ll store.
Compared with obese women, women with lean tummies are…
- 57% less likely to die of heart disease
- 40% likely to die of cancer
- 12% likely to have a stroke
- 40% less likely to develop arthritis of the hips or knees
- 69% less likely to develop type 2 diabetes
- 21% less likely to experience arousal dysfunction
Why it’s important to lose tummy fat, here are some of the benefits.
- You’ll lose weight and look better
- You’ll enjoy life better because you will be free of pain which the extra weight entails. Women who keep their weight within normal range are 40 percent less likely to develop arthritis than obese women.
- You’ll help dodge the three biggest killers out there, heart attacks, diabetes and stroke, and less likely to get cancer.
- You’ll have more energy because your metabolism will be increasing. Less weight around the middle means more energy.
- You’ll have more money to spend, because people who take care of their bodies look better and earn more money as a result of it, up to 15.4 percent more.
- You’ll be more confident because you will have demonstrated to yourself that you can tackle something important and succeed.
- You’ll add active years to your life, as much as a decade.
- Tummy fat is a killer fat, but fortunately it’s also the easiest to lose.