A Popular question for many people is How to flatten your stomach? There are many ways to flatten your stomach. Whether you need to trim down one inch or 5 inches, it can be done. What many people don’t realize is, stomach exercises are not the only thing you need to do to flatten your stomach. Stomach exercises is part of it, the main way to flatten your stomach is reducing the stomach fat and you reduce it by not eating fatty foods and reduce the intake of fat. Most of the fat you eat is stored in your stomach area, so the less you eat fat, the less stomach fat you will have.
Most people do not have a visible six pack because the muscle is covered by tummy fat.
We all have six packs, but most peoples stomach muscles are covered by fat. No matter how much you workout or do stomach exercises, and no matter how toned and flat those muscles get, you won’t be able to see them. It’s that simple. Your stomach muscles are covered by fat, which is the pudge we all get. When you reduce the stomach fat you will have flat stomach. It’s that simple. As long as the fat is there you won’t be able to see your workout results.
No amount of stomach exercises is going to specifically target that stubborn Stomach fat and remove it.
You can workout intensely, and your stomach muscles will get tone and strong, but the exercises themselves won’t remove the stubborn stomach fat. The exercises will do their job and tone your muscles, but if you have fat covering them, you need to target that as well.
Your main focus should be on how to flatten your stomach through total body fat reduction.
Body fat and stomach fat will only be reduced when less calories are consumed than burned. Reducing stomach fat does not have to be difficult. It’s quite simple, you need to be more active and reduce your calorie intake. When more calories are burned than ingested, then weight loss will occur. When you consume excess calories they will be stored as fat and usually in your stomach area. Although, fat can be stored any where, the main place that is visible is your stomach.
TIP: For a flat stomach, it’s 70% Diet and 30% Workout
How to flatten your stomach begins with a low fat diet with low fat foods. Eat 5 times a day, 3 meals and 2 snacks and drinks lots of water throughout the day. See Flat tummy foods for a complete list of foods that are good for a flat stomach. You can also see Flat tummy recipes. Tip: Remove fat from your diet and it reduces fat from your stomach!
How To Flatten Your Stomach, Tips
- Avoid fast foods
- Avoid fried greasy foods
- Drink lots of water, at least 2 glasses between each meal
- For your meal portions, eat 50% Vegetables, 20% protein and 25% good carbs. A good rule of thumb is your vegetables should be a handful, and protein and carbs should be about the size of a fist.
- Do Flat tummy workouts 3 times a week.
Effective stomach exercises to flatten stomach
With a low fat diet, combine these 3 effective exercises to flatten your stomach. These exercises are extremely effective at toning your stomach muscles. They should not be attempted more than every 48 hours, your muscles need this time for recovery. A good stomach workout should be done 3 times a week, every other day like Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
First, ensure that you are always performing exercise with good posture, straight spine, good form, and in slow controlled movements. Contract and bring your navel to your spine at the beginning of each exercise and hold it through out the duration of the exercise. Change of exercises should be made every couple weeks so our muscles don’t get immune to the exercise, or increase reps.
- Laying on the floor on your back, knees bent
- Arms back with elbows bent cradling your head with your finger-tips. (do not interlace your fingers and pull forcefully on your head)
Contract abs in pulling navel toward spine and, slowly raise head, neck and shoulder blades off ground as a single unit. Pause, then lower and repeat. Do 12-15 reps, 2 sets
- Lie on your back, knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Slowly drop your legs to the left and let your knees rest near the floor.
- Place your fingertips on the side of your head behind your ears.
- Push your lower back into the floor flattening the arch and hold.
- Slowly curl up so both your shoulders lift off the floor a few inches.
- Hold for a count of 2 and return to the start position.Repeat and do 12-15 reps, 2-sets
- Lie on your back on the floor and place hands on the floor or behind the head.
- Bring the knees in towards your chest until they’re bent to 90 degrees, with feet together or crossed.
- Contract the abs to curl and lift the hips off the floor, reaching the legs up towards the ceiling about 5-6 inches. It’s a small movement, make sure you use your stomach muscles to lift your hips and not your legs.
- Lower and repeat for 12-16 reps. Do 2-3 sets of reps.