Brian Wansink, Ph.D., a food visionary who runs Cornell University Food and Brand Lab, had devoted extraordinary attention to the effects that the containers that carry our food and drinks and how the affect how much we consume. His rule of thumb: The larger the plate, bowl or glass, the more you will eat or slurp or drink from it. So smaller the plate or container, the smaller you will consume.
FLAT TUMMY TIP: Instead of 1 cup of chocolate ice cream, enjoy ½ cup of chocolate ice cream with ½ cup of strawberries. The fruit tastes great, adds tons of antioxidants and saves you 115 calories. If you want more of a calorie reduction, opt for yogurt instead of ice cream!
DID YOU KNOW?
- 61 perent of Americans are overweight
- Americans are the heaviest people in developed Countries
- Consuming 100 calories a day for a year without using them, can add weight gain up to 10 pounds a year
- Every gram of carbohydrate or protein equals 4 calories
- With each decade we age, we need 100 fewer calories per day
- Every gram of fat equal 9 calories
- 10 calories a day, or 2 pieces of hard candy puts on an extra pound a year
- The number of over weight people in the world is 1.1 billion, now equals the same as undernourished people